Yield: 25 Servings
This was the first dish that I learned. My Aunt taught me how to cook these Baked Beans when I was about 10 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday. Since then, I have been cooking it all the time! Now, I get to share it with you as well. How awesome is that? Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try, I’m telling you! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I know that you can do a lot to make this recipe even better! Have a blessed day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 gallon can of great northern beans
1 pound brown sugar
1 bottle of (16 oz) king syrup or any dark corn syrup or molasses
1 bottle of (24 oz) catsup
1 pound bacon, cooked
1 medium onion, chopped and cooked in bacon grease
1 teaspoon mustard
1. Place a small skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the bacon slices, then cook until crispy and greasy.
3. Remove the crispy bacon from the skillet onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess grease.
4. In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and saute until translucent. Remove from the heat.
5. In a roasting pan, add the rest of the ingredients. (Beans, sugar, king syrup, catsup, mustard.)
6. Crumble the crispy bacon slices, then add them into the roasting pan as well as the sauteed onion. Stir everything until well combined.
7. Prepare the oven and preheat to 150 degrees C or 300 degrees F.
8. Place the roasting pan inside the preheated oven and bake for about 3 hours or until done. Make sure not to cover the pan.
9. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
10. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!