Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 45 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This recipe I am sharing with you today is a family recipe. I learned this recipe several years ago when I was little. See, my grandma is a very skilled chef. She has a lot of recipes but this one has always been my favourite! This Oven Roasted Chicken is so easy to make that you would want to have it all the time! Here you go, friends! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, everyone, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1/3 c butter, softened
2 sprigs rosemary
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 lemon, zested
1 whole fryer
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Remove the giblets from the whole chicken. Rinse the chicken with water, then use paper towels to pat it dry.
3. In a small bowl, add the lemon zest and seasonings. Stir until well blended.
4. Rub with seasoned butter the entire chicken even under the skin.
5. Slice the lemon into four cuts, then place them in the cavity of the chicken including rosemary.
6. Use kitchen twine to tie the legs of the chicken.
7. Place the chicken inside the preheated oven and bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until done. Note: Make sure to cover the chicken with foil if it turns brown quickly.
8. Remove the roasted chicken from the oven and allow it to sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!