Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs | Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
This is by far the best curry I have ever tried! The rich beefy taste combined with the rest of the ingredients is just too perfect! You have got to give this recipe a try, I’m telling you! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Enjoy!
2 lbs boneless short ribs trimmed, or a 3-pound chuck roast
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp Thai red curry paste, divided
1 14-oz can unsweetened coconut milk
4 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 Thai red Chile (optional), chopped (seeds removed or not depending on how hot you like it)
6 Kaffir lime leaves, middle vein removed and sliced very thin
1/3 c unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped fine
1 c dry white rice (2 cups once cooked)
1. Slice the beef into 1-inch cuts.
2. Place a large pan with 1-inch water on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add the beef pieces and allow the water to boil.
4. Turn the heat down to low, then cover the pan and cook for about an hour or until the beef pieces are fork-tender. Add more water if needed.
5. Drain the meat pieces and set them aside.
6. Place a large nonstick skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
7. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
8. Add 2 tbsp of curry paste and cook for about 5 minutes or until it becomes brown.
9. Add fish sauce, coconut oil, Thai chilli, and sugar. Stir until well mixed.
10. Add another 2 tbsp of curry paste as well as the cooked meat. Stir everything until well mixed.
11. Allow the mixture to simmer for 15 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
12. Add the lime leaves and simmer again for another 2 minutes.
13. Transfer the curry into a large serving bowl, then garnish with chopped peanuts and lime leaves.
14. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!