Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs | Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
This is probably the best curry I have ever tasted! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
2 lbs boneless short ribs trimmed, or a 3-lbs chuck roast
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp Thai red curry paste, divided
1 14-oz can unsweetened coconut milk
4 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 Thai red Chile (optional), chopped (seeds removed or not depending on how hot you like it)
6 Kaffir lime leaves, middle vein removed and sliced very thin
1/3 c unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped fine
1 c dry white rice (2 c once cooked)
1. Slice the beef into half about 1-inch cuts.
2. Place a large saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add the slices of beef and enough water to submerge them.
4. Allow the water to boil, then cover the pan.
5. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until the ribs are fork-tender. Make sure to add more water if needed.
6. Place a large nonstick skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
7. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
8. Add 2 tbsp of curry paste and cook for about 5 minutes or until it turns brown.
9. Add the coconut milk, Thai chili, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir until well combined.
10. Add the cooked beef and more curry paste. Stir until well combined.
11. Simmer for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
12. Add the slices of lime leaves and simmer for another 2 minutes or until aromatic.
13. Spoon the Panang Beef Curry into serving bowls.
14. Garnish with slices of lime leaves and chopped peanuts.
15. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!