Prep Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was little. My aunt used to make this Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce all the time! It’s always been my favorite! Now, allow me to share with you this recipe. All you need are these basic ingredients. I have also provided all the easy steps so just follow them, and you are good to go! What I love the most about this dish is the use of fresh tomatoes. They taste way better and fresh compared to processed ones. I kid you not! Top each serving with olive oil and cheese, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 lb. spaghetti or spaghettini
2 1/4 lbs. of unrefrigerated ripe tomatoes (preferably plum)
1 tbsp chopped garlic (from 2 garlic cloves), plus more if desired
1/4 c fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1. Chop the garlic, tomatoes, parsley, and basil finely. Add them into a mixing bowl.
2. Add oil into the bowl, then stir until well blended.
3. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
4. Add the pasta and a bit of salt, then cook for a few minutes until firm to bite. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
5. Add the pasta into the bowl with the sauce, then toss until well coated.
6. Drizzle oil over each serving, then top each with cheese.
7. Serve right away. Enjoy!
Refer to the directions provided on the package of the pasta on how long you should cook it.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!