Firm pasta smothered in a rich and delicious sauce. It doesn’t get any better than that! This recipe is a must-try, I’m telling you! Enjoy every bite of this Pasta with Vegan Bolognese Sauce!
1.5 c cooked green or brown lentils (1 can of drained)
1/2 c raw cashews
1 pound long cut dry pasta, like linguini or spaghetti
42 ounces canned tomatoes (crushed or crushed/diced mix)
1 tsp dried oregano
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 c cooked chickpeas (1 can of drained)
2 large carrots, peeled & diced
1/4 tsp red pepper flake, for mild spice, optional
1 tsp dried thyme
2 large celery ribs, diced
1 large sweet onion, diced
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the pasta and a bit of salt, then cook for a few minutes until firm to bite. Set aside 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain.
3. Place another pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add celery, onion, and carrot. Sauté for about 8 minutes or until translucent and soft. Season with a bit of salt to taste.
6. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, then sauté until aromatic.
7. Add thyme, tomatoes, 2 tsp of salt, and oregano. Stir until well mixed. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
8. Turn the heat down to medium-low, then cover the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes. Make sure to stir from time to time.
9. In a mixing bowl, add lentils and chickpeas. Mash the two ingredients.
10. Add the mixture into the sauce, then stir until well blended. Simmer for 10 more minutes.
11. Add 1/2 cup of water and cashews to the blender, then pulse until well blended.
12. Remove the sauce from the heat, and then add the cashew mixture. Stir until well blended.
13. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste if needed.
14. Add the cooked pasta, then toss until well coated with the delicious sauce.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!