Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs | Rest Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
I will never get tired of sharing this recipe with my friends! Oh, man, you have got to try this, I’m telling you! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 4–5-lbs beef prime rib roast (I prefer bone-in where the bones are cut and then tied to the roast (the bones give extra flavour))
1 750 mL bottle red wine
2 c beef broth
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp garlic
2 tbsp fresh rosemary (minced)
2 tbsp fresh thyme (minced)
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
¼ c sour cream
1-2 tsp creamed horseradish
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 275 degrees C or 450 degrees F.
2. In a roasting pan, add the broth and 2 cups of wine. Stir until well blended.
3. Add the roast into the pan.
4. In a mixing bowl, add garlic, herbs, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
5. Brush the mixture over the roast.
6. Place it inside the preheated oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
7. Turn the heat down to 350 degrees F and roast until cooked to your preferred doneness.
8. Remove from the oven and transfer the roast onto a clean plate. Allow it to rest for about 20 minutes.
9. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to low.
10. Add the rest of the wine and cook for a few minutes until the alcohol content is gone.
11. Serve the roast with the wine sauce.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 1472mg | Potassium: 81mg | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!