Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 30 Servings
This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was a little kid. I remember Christmas mornings with these Snowball Cookies! I would wake up to the awesome smell of these heavenly treats! My Grandma was a very skilled pastry chef. She taught me a lot. This is just one of the many recipes that she loved making! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. I am sure that you can do a lot to take this very simple recipe to the next level! Have the most wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 c butter
½ c confectioners’ sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ¼ c all-purpose flour
1 c chopped pecans
⅓ c confectioners’ sugar for dusting, or as needed
¼ c finely crushed peppermint candy canes (optional)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add butter, vanilla, and 1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar. Beat until well blended.
3. Add the pecans, flour, and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Form small balls out of the dough, then arrange them onto a cookie sheet.
5. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
6. Remove the cookies from the oven, then toss them into a bowl with confectioners’ sugar. Toss until well coated.
7. Allow the cookies to cool completely at room temperature.
8. Coat them with confectioners’ sugar again.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 134.7 | Protein: 1.4g 3% | Carbohydrates: 13g 4% | Dietary Fiber: 0.6g 2% | Sugars: 4.7g | Fat: 8.8g 14% | Saturated Fat: 4.1g 21% | Cholesterol: 16.3mg 5% | Vitamin A Iu: 191.1IU 4% | Niacin Equivalents: 0.9mg 7% | Folate: 18.2mcg 5% | Calcium: 5.9mg 1% | Iron: 0.5mg 3% | Magnesium: 6.7mg 2% | Potassium: 27.1mg 1% | Sodium: 64mg 3% | Thiamin: 0.1mg 10% | Calories From Fat: 79.6
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!