Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs | Total Time: 2 hrs 30 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
Are you ready for something great? Then, you have to give this recipe a try! This Polish Hunter’s Stew (Bigos) will be the best decision you will ever make today, I’m telling you! Serve it with mashed potatoes, and you have yourself a meal to remember! Have a blessed day, everyone. Enjoy!
1/4 lb. sliced cremini mushrooms (2 c)
1/4 c tomato paste
1/4 lb. beef stew meat
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
3 c chicken stock (I use Swanson unsalted cooking stock)
3 tsp olive oil, divided
1/3 lb. boneless centre-cut pork chop (extra fat removed)
4 c shredded cabbage
1 tsp dried marjoram leaves
3 oz. kielbasa, sliced
2 c chopped onion
1 c (reserved) sauerkraut juice
8 whole allspice berries
2 bay leaves
2 lbs. drained sauerkraut (reserve the juice)
1. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 2 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the beef and pork, then cook until brown. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the meat onto a clean plate.
4. In the empty skillet, add 1 tsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the garlic and onions, then sauté until aromatic and soft.
6. Add the mushrooms, then sauté for about 2 minutes or until soft.
7. Add the cabbage, then sauté for 2 minutes as well or until soft.
8. In a mixing bowl, add chicken stock and tomato paste. Stir until well blended.
9. Add the mixture into the skillet, then stir until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes.
10. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well blended.
11. Cover the skillet and simmer everything for about 2 hours. Make sure to stir from time to time.
12. Remove the meat from the skillet, then use two forks to shred them into small pieces.
13. Put them back into the skillet and stir until well coated by the delicious sauce.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!