Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20mins | Total: 30 mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
I have plenty of memories of noodles and cottage cheese. Its something that mom used to make when I was young and is something that we have in the pantry most of the time. I always ask my mother to do something Italian, and she knew what I meant exactly.
My mom would make cottage cheese and noodles several times a week, and the leftovers often went in a container for my lunch the next day. Her style was unique in making this sleek dish. Her favorite noodles were egg noodles, and her favorite technique was to drain the pasta, then add it in the hot pot again, and add cottage cheeses, tons of cheese, which are not so secret. She would stir everything together until every noodle had formed a makeshift cream sauce. Among my friends, she has developed a reputation for making the best noodles and cottage cheese. Try this recipe for Polish Noodles (Cottage Cheese and Noodles), and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
½ cup butter
(1) small onion, diced
(1) (16 oz) package egg noodles
(1) (16 oz) package cottage cheese
½ cup sour cream
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1. Add and melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Then cook and stir onion in melted butter for 7 to 10 minutes until softened.
2. Let them boil in a large pot of lightly salted water. Cook egg noodles in boiling water until cooked, but remain firm for around 5 minutes to crack, stirring occasionally.
3. Add and stir butter and onion mixture, cottage cheese, sour cream, sea salt, and black pepper into the noodles. Then put the pot over medium heat, cook and stir until heated through and warm for 5 to 8 minutes.
You can do it with bowties, macaroni, penne, fettuccini or anything that you prefer. When made with a pasta shape that has nooks and folds that can hold onto the cottage cheese, and with a cottage cheese that is smaller in curd, it appears to do better.
Per Serving: 545.2 calories; fat 26.1g 40% DV; cholesterol 123mg 41% DV; sodium 584.4mg 23% DV; protein 20.8g 42% DV; carbohydrates 57.2g 18% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!