Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins| Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this spectacular recipe to my friends. It is just too perfect! I learned about this recipe last month, and I’ve been making it ever since! I promise you that it will be worth all your time and effort! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
2 lbs of russet potatoes, peeled and sliced very thin
1 medium-size onion, peeled and cut in half, and sliced very thin
salt and pepper to taste (light on the pepper)
4 tsp of minced garlic
1 c of grated cheese, divided
2/3 c of sour cream, whipping cream, or milk (i use a combination of all three!)
1/4 c parmesan grated fresh
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 10-inch glass pie dish.
3. Spread 2 tsp of garlic in the bottom of the prepared pie dish.
4. Arrange 1/2 of the potato slices over the garlic.
5. Arrange 1/2 of the onions on top of the potatoes.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top to taste.
7. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of cheese on top of the onions.
8. Repeat the process until all the ingredients are arranged in layers ending with salt and pepper.
9. Spread the milk mixture on top.
10. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the milk layer.
11. Cover everything with aluminium foil.
12. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
13. Remove the cover and bake for another 30 minutes.
14. Broil for another 2 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
15. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
16. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!