Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 3 hrs | Total Time: 3 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
This is my ultimate comfort food! This Potato Gnocchi Beef Stew is packed with delicious flavors. From the beef to the potatoes, everything about this stew is to die for! Try it now!
1 (15 ounces) can of tomato sauce
1/4 tsp dried thyme
A pinch of cloves
2-3 c of baby carrots
1 pound potato gnocchi
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 c beef broth
3 lbs. beef roast (such as chuck), cut into 1-inch cubes
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
A pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 c of warm water
1/2 c flour
1/2 c diced onion
2 tsp paprika
1/4 c butter
1. Place a large Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to high.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the beef, then toss until well coated.
4. Add the beef in batches into the hot Dutch oven, then cook each side for a few minutes until brown. Transfer the beef onto a clean plate and repeat the process with the rest of them.
5. In the same pot, add butter and allow it to melt.
6. Add garlic, onions, and red pepper flakes. Sauté for a few minutes until aromatic and soft.
7. Add flour and paprika, then whisk and cook for about a minute to remove the raw taste of the flour.
8. Add warm water, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the pot to get the browned bits stuck at the bottom. Simmer for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
9. Add the beef broth, cloves, salt, bay leaves, pepper, and tomato sauce. Stir until well blended.
10. Put the beef back into the pot, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
11. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 2 hours.
12. Add the carrots, then simmer for another 30 to 45 minutes or until tender.
13. Add the gnocchi and cook for about 5 minutes.
14. Add freshly chopped parsley and balsamic vinegar, then stir until well blended.
15. Serve right and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 790 | TOTAL FAT: 43g | SATURATED FAT: 17g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 21g | CHOLESTEROL: 236mg | SODIUM: 763mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 39g | FIBER: 4g | SUGAR: 6g | PROTEIN: 58g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!