Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 3 hrs | Total Time: 3 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
You will have a new comfort food after you have this Potato Gnocchi Beef Stew! Tender meat and veggies smothered in a rich and delicious sauce; this recipe is what you just might need today. Try it now!
2-3 c of baby carrots
1 pound potato gnocchi
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
A pinch of red pepper flakes
1/2 c flour
1/4 c butter
1/2 c diced onion
1 (15 ounces) can of tomato sauce
1/4 tsp dried thyme
A pinch of cloves
2 tsp paprika
4 c beef broth
3 lbs. beef roast (such as chuck), cut into 1-inch cubes
2 bay leaves
1 c of warm water
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place a large Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to high.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the beef in batches, then cook each side until brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer onto a clean plate and repeat the process with the rest of the beef.
4. In the empty pot, add butter and allow it to melt.
5. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and onions. Sauté for a few minutes until aromatic and soft.
6. Add flour and paprika, then whisk and cook for about a minute to remove the raw taste of the flour.
7. Add warm water, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to get the browned bits. Simmer for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
8. Add the bay leaves, cloves, beef broth, salt, pepper, and tomato sauce. Stir until well blended.
9. Add the beef back into the pot, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 2 hours.
10. Add the carrots, then stir until well mixed. Simmer for another 30 to 45 minutes or until soft.
11. Add the gnocchi and cook for another 5 minutes.
12. Add freshly chopped parsley and balsamic vinegar, then stir until well blended.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 790 | TOTAL FAT: 43g | SATURATED FAT: 17g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 21g | CHOLESTEROL: 236mg | SODIUM: 763mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 39g | FIBER: 4g | SUGAR: 6g | PROTEIN: 58g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!