Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Oh, my! I have never been more satisfied in my life! This Pumpkin Mac and Cheese recipe are just too perfect! You have got to give this recipe a try and taste perfection yourself! Have a great day, everyone, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 box dry pasta shells (can use gluten-free or chickpea pasta if desired)
2 tablespoons butter
¼ c whole wheat pastry flour (can use regular flour or GF all-purpose flour)
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese for topping
2 tablespoons toasted green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
roasted veggies like delicata squash, butternut, or spinach (optional)
1. Place a large pot with salted water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the noodles and cook until firm to bite.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
4. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Add butter and allow it to melt.
6. Add flour and whisk until just brown.
7. Add milk gradually and whisk every addition until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil.
8. Turn the heat to low and simmer until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
9. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
10. Add 1/2 of the cheddar cheese and stir until well blended and melted.
11. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk until well mixed.
12. Add the rest of the cheese and whisk until well blended and melted.
13. Add the al dente noodles and toss until well coated with the sauce.
14. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
15. Garnish each serving with Parmesan cheese, pumpkin seeds, and black pepper.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!