Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 18mins | Additional: 27 mins | Total: 1 hr 15 mins | Servings: 36 | Yield: 3 dozen
Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Thumbprints have a delicate almond and buttery flavor, crisp shortbread base topped with sweet raspberry jam, and simple almond-flavored drizzle. These cookies have excellent texture, an excellent mix of flavors, and they are super cute and delicious melt-in-your-mouth. I believe that cookies are often the best dessert. To enjoy this cookie, you won’t need a plate, a fork, or even a knife. These Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Thumbprints will be a fun treat to enjoy, whether you’re filling your cookie jar at home, or sharing with colleagues during the holidays. There is so much flavor when you bite into these soft, crisp cookies that it’s almost shocking.
1 cup butter, softened
⅔ cup white sugar
½ tsp almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup seedless raspberry jam
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
¾ tsp almond extract
1 tsp milk
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, cream butter, and white sugar until smooth. Mix in 1/2 tsp of almond extract. Mix in flour until dough comes together. Then roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Use your thumb and finger to make a small hole in the center of each shot, and fill the hole with preserves.
3. Bake it for 14 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly brown. Let cool for a minute on the cookie sheet.
4. In a medium bowl, add and mix confectioners’ sugar, 3/4 tsp of almond extract, and milk until smooth. Then drizzle over warm cookies.
1. When mixing the dough, make sure your butter is at room temperature. The dough may not mix well if it’s too cold and will be crumbly.
2. Bake 2 or 3 cookies to get started and see how they do.
Per Serving: 103.5 calories; fat 5.2g 8% DV; cholesterol 13.6mg 5% DV; sodium 36.5mg 2% DV; protein 0.8g 2% DV; carbohydrates 13.7g 4% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!