Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Hello there, friends! I hope you are all doing well. This recipe I am sharing with your today is my ultimate comfort food! A big thanks to my sister for teaching me this delicious Ratatouille. I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection! Try it now and prepare to fall in love with just one bite. Enjoy!
1 c crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp fresh basil, about 3-4 large leaves, sliced, plus more for garnish
1 tsp herbs de Provence spice mix
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 medium sweet or red onion, sliced
1-2 large zucchini, (about 1 1/2 c sliced, sliced)
1 large Japanese eggplant, (about 3 c sliced, sliced)
3 large fresh tomatoes, (Roma is best; about 3 c sliced, sliced)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 6×9-inch baking dish.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes, vinegar, and oil into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
4. Add the herbs de Provence, garlic, chilli powder, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
5. Transfer the tomato mixture into the greased baking dish and spread it evenly.
6. Arrange the veggies alternately onto the baking dish. You should have several rows.
7. Apply a bit of cooking spray over the veggies.
8. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about an hour or until done.
9. Remove from the oven and sprinkle freshly chopped basil on top.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to use Italian eggplant instead for this recipe.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!