Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr
Rice, beans, and sausage, what’s not to like? This recipe will surely turn those plain sausages into a complete meal that everyone is going to love. Enjoy!
2 c beef broth
1 1/2 c water, divided
2 tablespoons butter
2 15.5-ounce cans of kidney beans, one drained, use juice from another can
10.5 ounces can Rotel®
1 c green pepper, diced small
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons Slap ya mama® seasoning
1 teaspoon pepper
2 c diced onions
1 1/2 c white rice
2 pounds smoked sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
3 stalks of celery, diced
1. Place a large Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the sausage slices and 1/2 cup of water. Stir and cook for a few minutes until the sausage slices turn brown.
3. Transfer the browned sausage onto a clean plate.
4. In the same pot, add butter and allow it to melt.
5. Add the bell pepper, onions, and celery. Sauté for a few minutes until soft and translucent.
6. Add the garlic, then sauté for a minute or until aromatic.
7. Put the sausages back into the pot, then stir until well incorporated.
8. Add rice, beef broth, beans, Rotel, 1 cup water, red pepper flakes, seasoning, cayenne pepper, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
9. Allow the mixture to simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and cook everything for about 25 minutes. Make sure to stir from time to time.
10. Remove the pot from the stove, then allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes with the lid on.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 4 days.
Feel free to use your preferred kind of sausage for this recipe.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!