Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs 15 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 30 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe to my friends because it is just too perfect! Try it now and prepare to have the best dish of your life! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
1 lb (450g) red kidney beans
¼- 1/3 c vegetable oil (or canola)
1 lb (450 grams) andouille sausage (sliced)
½ lb (225 grams) hammock or smoked turkey chopped
1 Large onion diced
2 tbsp minced garlic (about 6 medium-size garlic)
½- ¾ cup celery diced (about 1 medium rib celery)
1 large bell pepper diced
2 -3 bay leaves
1 tsp thyme
1 sprig of fresh thyme
2 tsp creole spice Homemade recipe here
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
7-8 c chicken stock or water
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
2 green onion diced (for garnish)
3- 4 c cooked white rice
1. Clean and rinse the dry beans.
2. Place the beans in a large pot, then add enough water to submerge them. Allow them to rest overnight, then drain.
3. Place a Dutch oven and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Slice the turkey and sausage into small cuts.
6. Add the meat slices into the pot and cook for 5 minutes or until brown. Make sure to stir from time to time.
7. Add garlic, celery, onions, bay leaves, thyme, bell peppers. Sauté until translucent and aromatic.
8. Add paprika, creole seasoning, and cayenne. Stir until well mixed, then cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Add the rinsed beans and broth. Stir until well mixed.
10. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
11. Discard the thyme sprig and bay leaves.
12. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Make sure to add more stock if the texture is too dry.
Add more seasonings if needed.
Calories: 527kcal (26%) | Carbohydrates: 48g (16%) | Protein: 30g (60%) | Fat: 24g (37%) | Saturated Fat: 11g (69%) | Cholesterol: 57mg (19%) | Sodium: 469mg (20%) | Potassium: 1299mg (37%) | Fiber: 12g (50%) | Sugar: 3g (3%) | Vitamin A: 1770IU (35%) | Vitamin C: 39.5mg (48%) | Calcium: 84mg (8%) | Iron: 6mg (33%)
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!