Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 3 hrs | Total Time: 3 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
Fork-tender ribs with a delicious sauce, anyone? These heavenly treats are best served with rice or mashed potatoes! Total comfort food that you and your loved ones are going to enjoy!
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 c wine, Cabernet Sauvignon
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 spring oregano
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
3-4 lbs. bone-in short ribs 8-10 pieces
1 spring thyme
2 carrots, diced
Salt, and pepper to taste
3 c beef broth
2 bay leaves
3 cloves of crushed garlic
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Rinse the ribs with water, then use paper towels to pat them dry.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the ribs, then toss until well coated.
4. Place a 6-quart Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the ribs in batches, then cook each side for about 5 minutes or until brown. Transfer onto a clean plate. Repeat the process with the rest of the ribs.
7. In the same Dutch oven, add the onions and sauté for about 8 minutes or until soft.
8. Add the carrots and celery, then sauté for another 3 minutes or until soft as well.
9. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
10. Add the tomato paste, then cook for about a minute to remove the raw taste.
11. Add 2 cups of wine, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the Dutch oven to get the browned bits. Allow the mixture to boil.
12. Reduce the heat to low, then simmer everything for 15 to 20 minutes.
13. Add 3 cups of beef broth, then stir until well blended.
14. Put the meat back into the pot as well as the oregano, bay leaves, and thyme. Stir until well mixed.
15. Cover the Dutch oven with the lid.
16. Place it in the preheated oven and cook the ribs for another 2 to 3 hours or until fork-tender.
17. Remove the ribs from the pot, then transfer them onto a clean plate.
18. Strain the sauce and put it back into the pot. Discard the veggies.
19. Add the meat back into the pot, then simmer for a few more minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
20. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 319 kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 462mg | Potassium: 665mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2609IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!