Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Every bite of these luscious treats will surely take you on an adventure! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Invite your friends over and surprise them with these Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells with Sausage and Spinach! Have a good one!
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
4 oz. ricotta cheese (about ½ c)
20 pasta shells (jumbo)
⅓ c Parmesan cheese shredded (more, if desired)
1 lb. pork sausage (casings removed)
2 c spinach
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
Parsley optional for decoration
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the pasta shells and a bit of salt, then cook for about 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
3. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add the sausage, then cook until crumbly and brown.
5. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
6. Add the spinach and tomatoes, then cook until soft.
7. Remove the skillet from the stove, then add the ricotta cheese. Stir until well blended. Add more seasonings if needed. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
8. Fill each shell with the mixture. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese on top.
9. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
10. Place the stuffed shells into a baking dish and arrange them in a single layer.
11. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
12. Remove from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
13. Serve warm and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container and place them inside the fridge.
Calories 469 Calories from Fat 324 Fat 36g55% Saturated Fat 13g81% Cholesterol 101mg34% Sodium 1037mg45% Potassium 608mg17% Carbohydrates 10g3% Fiber 1g4% Sugar 2g2% Protein 25g50% Vitamin A 1805IU36% Vitamin C 15.3mg19% Calcium 218mg22% Iron 2.9mg16%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!