Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20mins | Total: 30 mins | Serving: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
We usually gather in our living room watching a few games of our favorite baseball team. My father influences the whole family to watch baseball games because it’s something he enjoys and loves. Watching games as a whole family was a tradition to us. Seattle dogs at home are super easy to put and can be ready for large crowds or a weekend meal. They are great for a Super Bowl celebration. You can enjoy these with ease, whether you are tailgating or watching from the comfort of your living room.
This Seattle Cream Cheese Dogs Recipe is a family favorite. The Seattle dogs are a tasty hot dog and bagel mash-up. The origins are often questioned, but a bagel cart that began selling hot dogs may have something to do with it too. They sell this by splitting open the hotdogs and seared, then eaten with cream cheese and onions or scallions sautéed.
¼ cup Butter, with salt
(1) sweet onion
(1) (4 oz) package Cheese, cream
(4) Frankfurter, beef
(4) Rolls, hotdog, plain
2 tbsp Brown Mustard-Prepared
1 cup Sauerkraut, canned, solids, and liquids
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat.
2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add and cook onions slowly until the onions have softened and turned deep brown about 15 minutes. Warm cream cheese over low heat until very soft in a small skillet.
3. Grill hot dogs until well browned, and then lightly grill hot dog buns on both sides.
4. To assemble cheese dogs, spread warm cream cheese on toasted hot dog bun, add hot dog or sausage, top with onions, mustard, and sauerkraut if desired.
1. You can use whatever sausage or hot dog that is available in your pantry. It will still taste delicious in this recipe.
2. Use all of the topping choices together or set up a hot dog topping bar and let your guests top the dogs themselves.
Per Serving: 532.9 calories; 91.8 mg cholesterol; 1354.1 mg sodium; 13.8 g protein; 28.8 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!