Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 20 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This Sesame Chicken is awesome! A very simple dish that you can pull off. With this very basic set of ingredients, you will surely have the best lunch or dinner ever! Have a beautiful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
8 ounces (250 g) boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
oil, for deep-frying
2 tbsp oil
1 clove garlic, minced
white sesame seeds, for garnishing
1/2 c (65 g) all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 c cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Egg white
1/3 c (80 ml) cold water
1 tbsp oil
1 pinch salt
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
4 tbsp sugar
2 tsp corn starch
1/3 c (80 ml) water
1. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the sauce. Stir until well mixed.
2. In another mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the batter. Stir until well combined.
3. Add the chicken pieces into the batter and toss until well coated.
4. Place a wok on the stove and turn the heat to 350 degrees F.
5. Add 3-inches of oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the chicken pieces in batches and cook until golden brown. Remove from the wok and onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess grease. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken pieces.
7. Remove the grease from the wok, then add 2 tbsp of oil. Allow it to become hot.
8. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic.
9. Add the sauce and stir until well mixed. Cook for a few minutes until the texture becomes thick.
10. Put the chicken pieces back to the wok and stir until well combined.
11. Remove from the heat and transfer onto a serving plate.
12. Sprinkle white sesame seeds on top.
13. Serve with rice. Enjoy!
Calories 304 | Total Fat 12g | Saturated Fat 9g | Cholesterol 36mg | Sodium 595mg | Carbohydrates 33g | Fiber 1g | Sugar 12g | Protein 15g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!