Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Yield: 10 Servings
The combination of ground beef, mashed potatoes, and veggies made this Shepherd’s Pie a complete meal! Lunch or dinner will be awesome again with this amazing pie. Enjoy!
Mashed Potato Topping:
¼ to ½ c milk
¼ c sour cream
4 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into big chunks
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 lb. ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp rosemary
½ tsp thyme
2 c frozen peas, carrots, and corn medley
1 tbsp tomato paste
½ c beef broth
1 small onion, diced
1 bay leaf
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high.
4. Add the potatoes, then cook for a few minutes until easily pierced with a fork. Drain and put into a large mixing bowl.
5. Add milk, butter, salt, pepper, and sour cream into the bowl with the potatoes. Mash until well blended and smooth.
6. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
7. Add the ground beef, then cook for a few minutes until crumbly and brown. Remove any accumulated fat.
8. Add 2 cups of frozen veggies, garlic, and onion into the skillet with the ground meat. Saute for about 5 minutes or until soft and aromatic.
9. Add flour, then stir until well mixed.
10. Add tomato paste, then stir and cook for about a minute to remove the raw taste.
11. Add rosemary, beef broth, bay leaf, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well blended.
12. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then turn the heat down to low. Cook for about 10 minutes. Add more broth if needed.
13. Remove the skillet from the stove, then transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
14. Add the mashed potatoes over the meat layer and spread it evenly.
15. Place it inside the preheated and bake for about 30 minutes or until the top turns brown. Broil for 2 more minutes.
16. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Sodium: 163mg | Calcium: 63mg | Vitamin C: 24mg | Vitamin A: 432IU | Sugar: 3g | Fiber: 4g | Potassium: 636mg | Cholesterol: 48mg | Calories: 261 kcal | Saturated Fat: 7g | Fat: 15g | Protein: 13g | Carbohydrates: 19g | Iron: 4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!