Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 24 Cookies
This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was a little kid. My Aunt used to make these Meringue Cookies all the time! She was a very skilful pastry chef. She taught me everything I know in the kitchen. For that, I am so grateful! Now I get to share with you one of her specialities! This recipe is very basic so feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer and tweak it to your liking. I know that you can do a lot to take this to the next level! Anyway, I hope you all love and appreciate this recipe today. Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
2 Egg whites, at room temperature
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
A pinch of salt
1/2 c sugar, superfine preferred, but not necessary
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 225 degrees F.
2. Line with parchment paper a baking sheet.
3. Add the egg whites into a mixing bowl, then beat until frothy.
4. Add the cream of tartar, and salt. Beat again until the mixture forms soft peaks.
5. Add the sugar gradually and beat every addition until well mixed.
6. Transfer the meringue into a piping bag.
7. Pipe the meringue onto a baking sheet with 2-inches of space between each.
8. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until done.
9. Allow them to rest inside the oven for another hour.
10. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool at room temperature.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container. Place them inside the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 35 | TOTAL FAT: 0g | SATURATED FAT: 0g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 0g | CHOLESTEROL: 0mg | SODIUM: 20mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 8g | FIBER: 0g | SUGAR: 8g | PROTEIN: 1g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!