Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 2 Servings
This Singapore Mei Fun has always been my comfort food! I love serving this with garlic bread. Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love. Enjoy!
1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 c shredded carrot
2 whole eggs
100 g dried rice noodles
1/3 c Chinese Char Siu or sausage, finely sliced or shredded
8 whole Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 scallion or green onion, cut into 2-inch sections
1 fresh green pepper, shredded (I use half green and half red)
1/2 c shredded red onion
1/2 tablespoon golden curry powder
1 c Shredded Napa Cabbage
Stir fry sauce
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce, optional
1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt or as needed
1 tablespoon cooking wine
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1. In a large bowl, add water and rice noodles. Let them soak for about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add 1/2 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the eggs and cook them into an omelette.
5. Transfer the omelette onto a flat surface, then shred it into small pieces.
6. Slice the rest of the ingredients. Add them into a bowl as well as the stir fry sauce. Stir until well blended.
7. Place a wok on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
9. Add the Char Siu and shrimp, then cook until done.
10. Add the cabbage, carrot, onion, and green pepper. Sauté until soft.
11. Add curry powder and stir until well blended.
12. Add the prepared rice noodles and stir fry sauce. Stir until well mixed.
13. Add the prepared omelette and scallions. Cook everything for 20 more seconds.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 560 | Calories from Fat 243 | Fat 27g42% | Saturated Fat 13g81% | Cholesterol 334mg111% | Sodium 1538mg67% | Potassium 458mg13% | Carbohydrates 56g19% | Fiber 4g17% | Sugar 6g7% | Protein 22g44% | Vitamin A 5875IU118% | Vitamin C 18.2mg22 | Calcium 167mg17% | Iron 3.7mg21%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!