Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 25mins | Ready In: 40 mins
Brussels sprouts are small cabbages, meaning they can be a little tough. They are softened by braising so that they are sweet and tender. But don’t be too tender. Brussels sprouts should have a bit of a bite, a bit of a crunch to them. Not too much, enough so you can not get your teeth into them. Try and make a version of this recipe for Skillet-Braised Brussels Sprouts Are Irresistible, and don’t forget to enjoy it with your family and friends.
(4) slices of thick-cut bacon sliced it into 1/4-inch strips or more to taste
1 lb of trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts, or more to taste
(1) clove garlic, thinly sliced, or more to taste
1/2 c chicken stock, or more as needed
1 tbsp butter, or to taste
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Add and put the bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat, and then cook for 10 minutes until just crisp. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving bacon grease in the skillet.
2. Increase heat to medium-high under the skillet, and then saute Brussels sprouts in the bacon grease until lightly browned 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic to Brussels sprouts; saute until garlic is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Pour the chicken stock over Brussels sprouts mixture and cover skillet with a lid; simmer until Brussels sprouts are bright green, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the lid and let the simmer continue for (5) more minutes until liquid evaporates and sprouts are tender.
4. Take the skillet away from heat and stir bacon, butter, vinegar, salt, and pepper into Brussels sprouts mixture until butter melts.
Simmering the sprouts for five minutes and then testing one is a good idea. Give it another 5 minutes, if it requires longer. More than time, you are better off concentrating on tenderness, or whether the liquid has dropped by exactly half.
Per Serving: 128 calories; 7.3 g protein; 18 mg cholesterol; 382 mg sodium; 7.1 g fat; 11.3 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!