Prep Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
This will be the best pie you will ever have! I kid you not! With this very simple set of ingredients, you can have the perfect thing to serve today! Have a blessed day, everyone, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1/2 onion, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the chicken and cook each side for about 6 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season. Transfer the chicken onto a clean plate.
5. In the same skillet, add onion, celery, carrots, and thyme. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.
6. Add flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste.
7. Add chicken broth, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
8. Simmer everything for about 8 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
9. Remove the skillet from the heat, then add chicken, cream, and peas. Stir until well blended.
10. Slice the biscuits horizontally.
11. Arrange the biscuits overlappingly on top of the skillet in a circular pattern.
12. Brush the biscuits with egg wash.
13. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake the pie for about 30 minutes or until done.
14. Remove from the oven and allow the pie to rest for a few minutes at room temperature to incorporate all the flavours.
15. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!