Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
This incredible dish is what you just might need today! Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love with just one bite! My only advice to you is to be very generous with the amount of cheese you will add. Just do it and thank me later! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
2 large eggplants
1 c reduced-fat ricotta 9 oz/ 250 g
1 ½ c shredded light mozzarella divided in ½ c and 1 c
½ c shredded Parmesan
9 ounces frozen spinach / 250 g, thawed and squeezed to remove as much liquid as possible
1 clove garlic germ removed, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 c tomato passata or marinara
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Slice the eggplants into thin cuts.
3. Apply cooking spray on a baking sheet.
4. Arrange the slices of eggplants into the prepared baking sheet.
5. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until done.
6. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
7. Meanwhile, add Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, Ricotta cheese, garlic, spinach, salt, and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
8. Add 1/2 cup of tomato sauce into a large baking dish and spread it evenly.
9. Spread each eggplant slice with the ricotta mixture. Roll and place it into the prepared baking dish. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
10. Spread the rest of the tomato sauce on top.
11. Sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce.
12. Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil, then place it inside the preheated oven. Bake for about 45 minutes.
13. Remove the cover the bake for 15 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and turns golden brown.
14. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 116 | Calories from Fat 45 Fat 5g 8% | Saturated Fat 3g 19% | Cholesterol 31mg 10% | Sodium 309mg 13% | Potassium 362mg 10% | Carbohydrates 8g 3% | Fiber 3g 13% | Sugar 3g 3% | Protein 9g 18% | Vitamin A 2800IU 56% | Vitamin C 4.4mg 5% | Calcium 255mg 26% | Iron 1mg 6%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!