Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
I can’t think of any reason why you shouldn’t give this recipe a try! This Skinny Eggplant Rollatini will be the best decision you will ever make today! Invite your friends over and surprise them with this spectacular dish. Enjoy!
1 c tomato paste or marinara
1 ½ c shredded light mozzarella divided into ½ c and 1 c
9 ounces frozen spinach / 250 g, thawed and squeezed to remove as much liquid as possible
2 large eggplants
1 c reduced-fat ricotta 9 ounces/ 250 g
1 clove garlic germ removed, minced
½ c shredded Parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Thinly slice each eggplant starting from the bottom toward the top to cut them lengthwise.
3. Apply cooking spray onto a baking sheet.
4. Lay the eggplant slices onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer.
5. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the eggplants for 10 minutes or until done.
6. Remove the eggplants from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
7. Add egg, mozzarella cheese, garlic, spinach, ricotta cheese, and Parmesan cheese into a large bowl. Stir until well blended.
8. Add half a cup of tomato sauce into a large baking dish and spread it evenly on the bottom.
9. Add 2 tbsp of the ricotta mixture over each eggplant slice and spread it evenly. Roll and lay it into the prepared baking dish. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
10. Add the rest of the tomato sauce over the eggplant rolls and spread it evenly. Sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarella cheese on top. Thank me later!
11. Cover the entire baking dish with aluminium foil.
12. Turn the heat of the oven down to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
13. Place the Rollatini in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
14. Remove the foil cover, then bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown and melted completely.
15. Remove from the oven and allow the Rollatini to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 116 | Calories from Fat 45 | Fat 5g 8% | Saturated Fat 3g 19% | Cholesterol 31mg 10% | Sodium 309mg 13% | Potassium 362mg 10% | Carbohydrates 8g 3% | Fiber 3g 13% | Sugar 3g 3% | Protein 9g 18% | Vitamin A 2800IU 56% | Vitamin C 4.4mg 5% | Calcium 255mg 26% | Iron 1mg 6%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!