Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
You will surely love every bite of this luscious dish! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! I love how the spinach complements the rest of the ingredients. My only advice to you is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later. Enjoy!
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced fresh thyme
6 oz fresh spinach
2 pounds ricotta cheese (I used 1 lb. whole milk and 1 lb. nonfat)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
a squeeze of lemon juice (optional, to taste)
12 no-boil lasagna noodles
1 24 oz jar of spaghetti or marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s tomato basil)
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add garlic and thyme. Saute until aromatic.
4. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat.
6. Add egg, ricotta, nutmeg, lemon juice, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
7. Add about 1/4 of the spinach mixture into a food processor, then pulse until minced.
8. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
9. In a 9×13-inch pan, add 1 tbsp of tomato sauce and spread it evenly.
10. Place 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the spinach mixture, 1/4 tomato sauce, and 1/4 cheese into the pan.
11. Repeat the process to the rest of the ingredients until everything is arranged in layers.
12. Cover the pan with aluminium foil.
13. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
14. Remove the cover and bake for another 10 minutes or until done.
15. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Total Fat 17.6g 25% | Cholesterol 75mg 23% | Sodium 536.6mg 9% | Total Carbohydrate 24.4g 7% | Dietary Fiber 2.1g | Sugars 3.8g 35% | Protein 17.4g 26% | Vitamin A 230.8µg 6% | Vitamin C 5.5mg 9% | Potassium 408.9mg 21% | Phosphorus 263.8mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!