Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Yield: 10 to 12 Servings
This awesome dish will surely make your day extra special! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Try this recipe now and prepare to be amazed! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
3 pounds yellow squash, sliced or diced
1/2 cup diced Vidalia onion, optional
1 can(s) cream of mushroom or chicken soup, 10.5 oz.
1 cup mayonnaise
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (sharp is my favourite)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 sleeves of Ritz crackers, crushed
1 stick melted butter
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Slice the washed squash into small cuts.
3. Place the slices of squash into a large mixing bowl.
4. In another mixing bowl, add the eggs, mayonnaise, soup, onions, cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
5. Pour the mixture on top of the squash and stir until well combined.
6. Transfer the mixture into a casserole dish and spread it evenly.
7. Place the crackers inside a resealable bag, then use a rolling pin to crush them.
8. Transfer the crushed crackers into a mixing bowl.
9. In a microwavable bowl, add the butter and place it inside the microwave. Heat until melted completely.
10. Add the melted butter into the crushed crackers and stir until well mixed.
11. Spread the mixture over the casserole. Cover with aluminium foil.
12. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
13. Remove the cover and bake for another 20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
14. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!