Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 8 hrs | Total Time: 8 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
If you are looking for a new and easy dish to cook today, then you have got to give this one a try! Oh, man, you need this in your life! This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is cooked to perfection! As we all know, slowly but surely! Have a great day, everyone. Enjoy!
4 small russet potatoes peeled and diced
1 small white or yellow onion chopped
1 c shredded carrots
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
3 c chicken broth
1 lb lean ground beef
8 slices cooked bacon chopped
3 tbsp butter
1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 c milk I use 2%
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 c shredded pepper-jack cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
Green onion chopped (for garnish)
1. In the bottom of a large crockpot, add the potatoes, carrots, onions, parsley, and dried basil.
2. Pour the chicken broth on top of the veggies, then cover the pot with a lid.
3. Cook for about 8 hours on a low setting or 4 hours on a high setting.
4. Meanwhile, place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add the ground beef and cook until brown. Discard any excess grease.
6. Transfer the ground beef into the pot about 45 minutes before the cooking time ends with the veggies.
7. Add the crumbled crispy bacon into the pot.
8. In the same skillet, add butter and allow it to melt.
9. Add flour, then whisk and cook for about a minute.
10. Add milk, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
11. Transfer the mixture into the pot and stir until well mixed.
12. Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted completely.
13. Cover the pot and cook everything for 20 more minutes.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!