Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 8 hrs 20 mins | Total Time: 8 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This dish is worth all your time and effort, I’m telling you! Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try! The rich cheesy taste will surely make you very satisfied! Invite your friends over and enjoy this perfect dish with them. Enjoy!
4 small russet potatoes peeled and diced
1 small white or yellow onion chopped
1 c shredded carrots
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
3 c chicken broth
1 lb lean ground beef
8 slices cooked bacon chopped
3 tbsp butter
1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 c milk I use 2%
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 c shredded pepper-jack cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
Green onion chopped (for garnish)
1. Arrange the potatoes, carrots, onions, parsley, and dried them in the bottom of a large crockpot.
2. Pour the chicken broth on top of the veggies, then cover the pot with the lid.
3. Cook for about 8 hours on a low setting or 4 hours on a high setting.
4. Meanwhile, when you think the potatoes are almost tender, prepare the ground beef.
5. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
6. Add the ground beef and cook until brown. Discard any excess fat.
7. Transfer the brown beef into the pot and stir until well mixed.
8. Add the crumbled crispy bacon and stir until well mixed.
9. In the same skillet, add butter and allow it to melt.
10. Add flour and whisk until well mixed. Cook for about a minute.
11. Add the milk, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended. Transfer everything into the pot and stir until mixed.
12. Add the shredded cheese and stir until well mixed. Cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes more or until the cheese is melted completely.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!