Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 8 hrs | Total Time: 8 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe to my friends, and that includes you! If you have time to spare before lunch or dinner, then you have got to give this recipe a try. Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 small white or yellow onion, chopped
2 c milk I use 2%
1 c shredded carrots
3 tbsp butter
1/4 c all-purpose flour
8 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
1-pound lean ground beef
2 c shredded pepper-jack cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
3 c chicken broth
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried parsley
4 small russet potatoes, peeled and diced
Green onion, chopped (for garnish)
1 tsp dried basil
1. Add onions, potatoes, dried basil, parsley, and carrots into a large crock pot. Stir until just mixed.
2. Pour in the chicken broth and stir everything until well blended.
3. Cover the pot and cook everything for about 8 hours on a low setting or 4 hours on a high setting until the potatoes are fork-tender.
4. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown. Remove and discard any accumulated grease.
6. Transfer the browned ground beef into the crock pot, then stir everything until well blended.
7. Add the crumbled bacon and stir until well mixed.
8. In the empty skillet over medium heat, add butter and allow it to melt.
9. Add the flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste.
10. Add the milk and pepper. Whisk until well blended.
11. Pour the mixture into the pot.
12. Add the shredded cheese and stir everything until well blended.
13. Cover the pot and cook for another 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
14. Sprinkle your preferred herbs on top to garnish.
15. Serve hot and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!