Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 4hrs | Total: 4 hrs 25 mins | Servings: 6
Slow Cooker Beef and Potatoes Au Gratin is comfort food at its best, and it is a great side dish or main dish. I love a hearty one-pot meal like this one in a slow cooker. It is a no-hassle slow cooker recipe. All of the ingredients are simple and easy to prepare. Au Gratin is a French word that refers to a dish with cheese or crumbs of brown bread as a topping. When cooking in a slow cooker, it’s hard to achieve the browned look of au gratin, but the flavor of the dish is almost the same.
1 lb. of ground beef, and an additional touch of salt and pepper
3 lbs. peeled (¼ inch thick) russet potatoes sliced (7 cups total after being sliced)
1 cup thinly sliced white onion
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 cups shredded sharp cheese
1/2 c of chicken broth, or beef broth
1. Cook the ground beef on the stovetop until it turns brown, drain fat. Add a touch of salt and pepper to season.
2. Combine paprika, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. In the slow cooker, add half of the potatoes, then sprinkle over half of the onions, half of the seasonings, half of the meat, and half of the cheese. Repeat the layers.
4. Add and drizzle over the broth evenly over the layers.
5. Cover, cook on high for 4 hours. Make sure not to open the lid during the cooking time, or the potatoes will not get soft.
6. Serve and enjoy.
1. The potatoes go peeled in the slow cooker, I don’t mind it with its skin on, but for most recipes, this one tastes great without it.
2. You can use bacon instead of using beef in this recipe.
3. Any type of potato, red, gold, or white, can go well with this recipe. You just need to make sure that it’s thinly sliced.
Calories: 556kcal; Fat: 27g; Saturated Fat: 15g; Cholesterol: 108mg; Sodium: 874mg; Potassium: 1317mg; Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 3g; Vitamin A: 1040IU; Vitamin C: 17mg; Calcium: 454mg; Iron: 4mg; Carbohydrates: 45g; Protein: 35g.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!