Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 9 hrs | Total Time: 9 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
If you are looking for a new and easy recipe to try for today, then you have got to give this one a try! This recipe is a must-try, I’m telling you! Feel free to tweak the recipe to your liking. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
5 slices bacon finely chopped
3 lbs boneless beef chuck cut to 1-inch cubes
1 c red cooking wine
2 c chicken broth
1/2 c tomato sauce
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c flour
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 tbsp thyme finely chopped
5 medium carrots sliced
1 lb baby potatoes I used tricolour
8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
fresh chopped parsley for garnish
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add the bacon and cook until crispy and brown.
3. Transfer the crispy bacon into the slow cooker.
4. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
5. Put the seasoned beef into the skillet and sear for 3 minutes or on each side or until brown.
6. Remove the beef from the skillet into the slow cooker.
7. In the same skillet, pour wine and scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
8. Simmer for a few minutes, then turn the heat down to low.
9. Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, and chicken broth. Stir until well mixed.
10. Add flour and whisk until well blended. Transfer the sauce into the slow cooker.
11. Add the carrots, mushrooms, garlic, and thyme into the slow cooker. Stir everything until well mixed.
12. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 10 hours on a low setting.
13. Sprinkle fresh parsley over each serving.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Serve this with mashed potatoes or rice.
Calories181kcal (9%) | Carbohydrates22g (7%) | Protein7g (14%) | Fat8g (12%) | Saturated Fat3g (15%) | Cholesterol12mg (4%) | Sodium1062mg (44%) | Potassium646mg (18%) | Fiber3g (12%) | Sugar2g (2%) | Vitamin A199IU (4%) | Vitamin C27mg (33%) | Calcium31mg (3%) | Iron2mg (11%)
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!