Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs | Total Time: 4 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
You will never be disappointed with this delicious dish! I mean, beef tips swimming in luscious gravy is what you just might need today! I have listed all the things you will be needing. Feel free to tweak it to your liking. Enjoy!
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 1/2 lb stew meat, beef chuck, or sirloin cut into large bite-size pieces
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 onion, chopped
4-6 garlic cloves, minced
1-4 tbsp butter (in directions)
1/2 c all-purpose flour
4 c low sodium beef broth
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp beef bouillon
1 1/2 tsp sugar
½ teaspoon EACH dried parsley, paprika
1/4 teaspoon EACH dried oregano, dried thyme
1. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the meat and sear each side for 2 minutes or until brown.
5. Remove the meat from the skillet and transfer it into a 6-quart slow cooker.
6. Add the garlic and onions over the meat.
7. In the same skillet, add 4 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
8. Add flour and whisk until well blended.
9. Add the rest of the ingredients for the gravy and whisk until well mixed.
10. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to low. Simmer the gravy until the texture becomes thick.
11. Transfer the gravy into the slow cooker and stir until well mixed.
12. Cover the slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on a high setting or 7 hours on a high setting.
13. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
14. Serve and enjoy!
This dish is best served with rice or mashed potatoes.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!