Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs | Total Time: 4 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
This recipe is worth the wait! I am so happy right now because of this dish! A big thanks to my sister for recommending this. I never would have taste perfection if it wasn’t for you. Anyway, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Enjoy!
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 lb beef chuck roast or sirloin, trimmed of excess fat, cut into large bite-size pieces
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 onion, chopped (may sub 1 tsp onion powder)
4-6 garlic cloves, minced (may sub 1 tsp garlic powder)
1-4 tbsp unsalted butter (in directions)
1/2 c all-purpose flour
4 c low sodium beef broth
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp beef bouillon
½ teaspoon EACH dried parsley, paprika
1/4 teaspoon EACH dried oregano, dried thyme
1. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Toss until well coated.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the beef and cook each side for about 2 minutes or until brown. Make sure to cook them in batches.
5. Apply cooking spray in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
6. Put the browned meat into the prepared slow cooker.
7. Place the garlic and onions over the meat.
8. In the same skillet, add butter and allow it to melt.
9. Add flour and whisk until well mixed. Cook for about 2 minutes.
10. Add the rest of the ingredients for the gravy and whisk until well mixed. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
11. Pour the gravy over the meat in the slow cooker.
12. Cover and seal the slow cooker. Cook for about 4 hours on a high setting or 8 hours on a low setting.
13. Add more seasonings if needed.
14. Serve over rice, pasta, or potatoes. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to spoon the delicious gravy on top.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!