Yield: 5 Servings
These heavenly treats are superb! They will surely satisfy all your cravings! The gravy alone is more than enough for me! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Serve them over rice and don’t forget to spoon the rice gravy on top! Have the most wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 small onion, sliced
8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 pound sirloin steak, cut in strips, excess fat trimmed
Salt & pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ c dry red wine + splash for deglazing
2-½ c fat-free beef broth
2 tablespoons corn starch + ¼ c cold water, whisked together
1. In the bottom of a 4.5-quart slow cooker, add the mushrooms and onions.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Season with salt and pepper the steaks.
5. Add the steaks into the hot skillet and sear each side for 3 minutes or until just brown.
6. Transfer the steaks into the slow cooker over the veggies.
7. Add tablespoons of red wine into the skillet, then scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
8. Transfer the brown bits into the slow cooker.
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper again over the steaks, then add red wine, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until just mixed.
10. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 6 hours on a low setting.
11. Dissolve cornstarch in water, then pour it into the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 45 minutes more or until the texture of the gravy becomes thick.
12. Serve hot over rice or noodles. Enjoy!
Calories: 370 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 54 mg | Sodium: 430 mg | Carbohydrates: 44 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 28 g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!