Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs 45 mins | Total Time: 5 hrs | Yield: 8 Servings
This recipe is very hassle-free. In about 5 hours, you will have the best dinner to serve for tonight. Enjoy!
1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts cubed
10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
10.5 oz can cream of celery soup
1 cup of water
14.5 oz can chicken broth
2 carrots sliced (about 2 cups after being sliced)
2-3 ribs celery sliced (about 2 cups after being sliced)
1 yellow onion diced
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup frozen peas optional
16.3 oz Pillsbury Grand Biscuits 8 biscuit sized can
more thyme and pepper for the top of biscuits
Step 1: Put the chicken, onions, carrots, black pepper, and thyme in a slow cooker.
Step 2: Add in the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, water, and cream of celery soup. Stir until well combined.
Step 3: Turn the setting to low and cook for 4 hours.
Step 4: Add in the peas and stir until well mixed.
Step 5: Cut the biscuits into four and place them over the sauce.
Step 6: Sprinkle more pepper and thyme over the biscuits.
Step 7: Cover and cook on high setting for another 45 minutes. When the dumplings are no longer shiny, they are good to go.
Step 8: Serve and enjoy!
1. Switch the slow cooker to warm after cooking the dumplings for 1 1/2 hours. This will help the slow cooker to get back to temperature.
2. Use 3 cups of sliced rotisserie chicken if you prefer.
3. You can use small cuts of crescent dough instead of canned biscuits. You can also use small cuts of flour tortillas cooked over high heat for about 20 minutes.
4. Make sure to place any leftover in the plastic Tupperware or Ziploc bags and place inside the freezer. This can last up to 3 months.
5. Place the frozen chicken and dumplings in the fridge to thaw for 24 hours when serving.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1308mg | Potassium: 654mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2889IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!