Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 6 hrs 10 mins | Total Time: 6 hrs 25 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This awesome recipe was given to me by my best friend, Annie. I love how simple yet delicious these Chicken Fajitas are! Oh, man, this recipe is a must-try! Invite your friends over and surprise them with your cooking skills! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 (14.5 ounces) can petite diced tomatoes with green chillies
3 bell peppers (preferably 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 green) cored and sliced
1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander*
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
12 6-inch flour tortillas
Cilantro, sour cream, salsa, guacamole or sliced avocados, shredded Mexican cheese (optional)
1. Add 1/2 of the canned tomatoes to the bottom of the slow cooker and spread them evenly.
2. Add 1/2 of the onions and 1/2 of the peppers over the tomatoes.
3. Top with garlic and chicken breasts.
4. Add paprika, cumin, chilli powder, coriander, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
5. Season the chicken breasts with mixed seasonings.
6. Spread the rest of the potatoes over the chicken breasts.
7. Place them over onions into the slow cooker.
8. Cover the slow cooker and cook for 3 hours on high heat or 6 hours on low heat.
9. Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker, then slice them into small cuts.
10. Mix honey and lime juice into a mixing bowl.
11. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker and stir until well mixed.
12. Put the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well mixed.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 432 | Calories from Fat 72 | Fat 8g 12% | Saturated Fat 1g 6% | Cholesterol 96mg 32% | Sodium 1007mg 44% | Potassium 1082mg 31% | Carbohydrates 48g 16% | Fiber 5g 21% | Sugar 13g 14% | Protein 34g 68% | Vitamin A 3380IU 68% | Vitamin C 125.2mg 152% | Calcium 123mg 12% | Iron 4.5mg 25%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!