Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 2 hr | Total Time: 2 hr 15 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
These heavenly treats are so good that you would want to eat them pretty much all the time! You can serve this as is or with rice! Every bite is so good because of all the flavours infused in these chicken thighs! Oh, man, I am so excited for you. Enjoy!
1 ¼ c unsalted chicken stock
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 c red onion, 1-inch dice
1 ½ c carrots, 1-inch pieces
1 ear of corn, cut into 4 pieces
4 chicken thighs, bone-in, about 1 to 1 ½ lb.
2 tbsp garlic, roughly chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb. of baby red potatoes, cut in half
4 sprigs thyme
2 sprigs rosemary
1 tbsp lemon juice, plus 4 wedges for serving
1 tsp kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
¼ tsp black pepper, plus more for seasoning
1. Remove the excess fat from each chicken thigh.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken, then rub each until well coated.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the chicken with the skin facing down, then cook each side for about 5 minutes.
6. Turn the chicken thighs, then cook the other side for about 2 minutes. Transfer them onto a plate.
7. In a slow cooker, add corn, garlic, onion, potatoes, and carrot. Stir until just mixed.
8. Meanwhile, add chicken stock, lemon juice, flour, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp salt. Stir until well blended.
9. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
10. Lay the chicken thighs into the slow cooker, then sprinkle rosemary and thyme on top.
11. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook everything for about 2 to 4 hours on a high setting or 4 to 6 hours on a low setting.
12. Add chicken and veggies onto serving plates, then top them with the delicious sauce.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 419 | Calories from Fat 171 | Fat 19g 29% | Saturated Fat 3g 15% | Polyunsaturated Fat 2g | Monounsaturated Fat 10g | Cholesterol 105mg 35% | Sodium 499mg 21% | Potassium 241mg 7% | Carbohydrates 36g 12% | Fiber 5g 20% | Sugars 5g 6% | Protein 27g 54% | Vitamin A 8400IU 168% | Vitamin C 11.6mg 14% | Calcium 20mg 2% | Iron 1.4mg 8%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!