Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 6 hrs 15 mins | Total Time: 6 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This dish is so good! You have got to give this recipe a try. It will be worth all your time and efforts, I’m telling you! A big thanks to my dear friend, Francis, for this awesome recipe. I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this very simple recipe even better. By the way, don’t forget to share this recipe with your loved ones as well. I am sure that they are going to love it as much as we do. Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
1 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast
3 medium carrots peeled and diced
3 stalks celery diced
1 medium onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
6 c low sodium chicken broth
1 c water
2 bay leaves
1 tsp Italian seasoning or more to taste
2 c cheese tortellini
chopped fresh parsley for serving if desired
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a slow cooker, add everything aside from the tortellini.
2. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 6 hours on low heat.
3. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and use two forks to shred it into small pieces.
4. Put them back in the slow cooker and stir until well mixed.
5. Add the tortellini and cook for about 15 minutes or until done.
6. Add salt and pepper to season.
7. Remove the bay leaves and discard them.
8. Garnish each serving with freshly chopped parsley.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 300kcal (15%) | Carbohydrates 24g (8%) | Protein 35g (70%) | Fat 7g (11%) | Saturated Fat 2g (10%) | Cholestero l86mg (29%) | Sodium 381mg (16%) | Potassium 753mg (22%) | Fiber 3g (12%) | Sugar 4g (4%) | Vitamin A5138IU (103%) | Vitamin C 5mg (6%) | Calcium 87mg (9%) | Iron 2mg (11%)
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!