Yield: 6 Servings
This version of Mac and Cheese is my all-time favourite! Oh, man, you have got to give this recipe a try, I’m telling you! Try this amazing recipe now and you will surely fall in love with it instantly! Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
1 lb lean ground beef
2 tbsp chilli powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 (28-oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (6-oz) can tomato paste
1 1/2 c low-sodium beef broth or water
8 oz elbow macaroni, cooked
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces), divided
1 1/2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 6 ounces), divided
4 medium scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
1. Preheat a 5-quart slow cooker to low.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the onion and saute until translucent.
5. Add the ground beef and cook for about 8 minutes or until crumbly and brown.
6. Add the garlic powder, chilli powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for about a minute.
7. Transfer the mixture into the preheated slow cooker.
8. Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato juice, broth, and tomato paste. Stir until well blended.
9. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 4 hours on a high setting or 8 hours on a low setting.
10. Add the pasta, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Monterey Jack cheese. Stir until well mixed.
11. Cook for another 15 minutes on a low setting or until the cheese has melted completely.
12. Garnish each serving with scallions.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 days.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!