Prep: 15mins | Cook: 9hrs
What a meal! That’s what I said the first time I ate this awesome Corned beef and cabbage dish. What I love about this dish is the tenderness of the beef and how the potatoes, carrots, and cabbage give the beef a nice and very subtle flavor. Beef has a very powerful taste so blending these 3 vegetables with it surely made the beef extra special. If you want to know what I mean, all you need to do is to follow all these steps and make sure that you have all the ingredients then you are good to go!
4 large peeled carrots, and cut into matchstick pieces
10 baby red potatoes, quartered
1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
4 cups of water
1 4lbs corned beef brisket with spice packet
6 ounces beer
1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
HOW TO MAKE SLOW-COOKER CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
Step 1: Add in the potatoes, carrots, and onion in the bottom part of a slow cooker.
Step 2: Pour in water and arrange the brisket over the vegetables.
Step 3: Pour the beer on top of the brisket and add in the spices from the packet.
Step 4: Close the slow cooker and turn the setting to high.
Step 5: Cook it for at least 8 hours or until the brisket is tender.
Step 6: Open the slow cooker and add in the cabbage and cook for another 1 hour.
Step 7: Serve and enjoy!
1. If you want your vegetables not to be so soft and tender, you can add them halfway through the cooking process. In this way, the vegetables will somehow maintain its nice texture.
2. Corned beef is for burgers, Reuben dip, and hash.
3. Slice the beef against the grain for a more tender bits of beef.
4. The best thing about this recipe is that all you need to do is to add in the potatoes and carrots and allow the slow cooker to do its thing.
5. I also add the cabbage after the beef is tender because I don’t want it to become soft.
Per Serving: 472 calories; 23.6 g protein; 99 mg cholesterol; 1281 mg sodium; 19.6 g fat; 49.5 g carbohydrates
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!