Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 2hrs 20mins | Total: 2 hrs 45 mins | Serving: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
We love soup here, and I make it hearty and full. Green Chili is something that we all enjoy, but we get sick of it sometimes. So, one of my latest favorites was Taco Soup. It is perfect for parties too, and if you need something to feed a crowd, then this recipe should do it! Besides, the crockpot is nice on budget and very fast. If you’re trying to spice up your meal plan for something a little special, try this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Taco Soup. Don’t forget to enjoy this dish with your family and friends.
(1) serving nonstick cooking spray
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced bell pepper
2 tsp salt, divided
2 cups chicken broth
1 (10 oz) can dice tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL®)
1 (10 oz) can condense cream of mushroom soup
1 (4 oz) can chop green chiles (such as Ortega®)
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp taco seasoning
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 (8 oz) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
1. In a slow cooker, spray it with cooking spray. Add onions, bell pepper, and a tsp of salt. Add and stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, condensed soup, and chiles.
2. Add and combine oil, taco seasoning, a tsp of salt, cumin, and black pepper in a bowl. Add and toss the chicken to coat on all sides, and transfer to the slow cooker.
3. Cook on low heat until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear for 2 to 3 hours. A thermometer inserted in the middle for instant reading will read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the slow cooker and shred.
4. Add and stir Neufchatel cheese to the slow cooker until it melts. Move the chicken back to the slow cooker and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more until warmed through.
Per Serving: 301.6 calories; 73.5 mg cholesterol; 2172.4 mg sodium; 21.7 g protein; 12.2 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!