Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs | Total Time: 4 hrs 5 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
If you are looking for a new and easy recipe to try today, then you have got to consider this Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken! I discovered this a couple of weeks ago. Now, allow me to share it with you as well! I have listed all the things you will be needing so you just have to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Invite your friends over, and surprise them with this spectacular dish! What I love the most about this is the creamy taste. Every bite is so good that you would want to eat the entire serving! Have a blessed day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
3/4 c tomato pasta sauce
14 ounces can of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
3/4 c evaporated milk or heavy cream
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil
1. In a 3 or 6-quart, add the pasta sauce and tomatoes.
2. In a small bowl, add cornstarch and cream. Stir until well blended.
3. Pour the mixture on top of the tomatoes in the slow cooker.
4. Sprinkle basil, pepper, garlic, and salt. Stir until well blended.
5. Lay the chicken breasts on top of the sauce, then gently press them to submerge.
6. Cover and seal the slow cooker. Cook everything for about 3 to 5 hours or until done.
7. Open the slow cooker, then add the freshly chopped basil. Stir until well blended.
8. Serve hot over rice, salad, or pasta. Enjoy!
Feel free to add cheese if you like.