Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs | Total Time: 4 hrs 5 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
If you have time to spare before lunch or dinner, then you have got to give this recipe a try! I promise you that 4 hours of cooking time is so worth it! This Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken is the perfect food to go with pretty much all the time! With this very simple set of ingredients, you and your loved ones can enjoy a delicious meal! Just follow these easy steps, and you are good to go!
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp corn starch
3/4 c evaporated milk or heavy cream
3/4 c tomato pasta sauce
14 ounces can of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
1/2 tsp dried basil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. At the bottom of a 3 or 6-quart slow cooker, add the pasta sauce and tomatoes.
2. In a small bowl, add cornstarch and cream. Stir until well blended. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
3. Add the pepper, garlic, salt, and basil. Stir everything until well blended.
4. Lay the chicken breasts over the sauce and gently press them.
5. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook everything for about 3 to 5 hours on a low setting or until done.
6. Open the slow cooker, then add freshly chopped basil. Stir until well blended.
7. Serve right away over rice, salad, or pasta. Enjoy!
I used a 4-quart slow cooker for this recipe. You can use a 6-quart slow cooker to double this recipe.
Make sure to use an instant-read thermometer to check the chicken. We don’t want an overcooked chicken.
Calories: 210cal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1099mg | Potassium: 977mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 657IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!