Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs | Total Time: 4 hrs 5 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
If you are a busy person but still want a quality meal to serve your loved ones, then you have got to give this recipe a try! Let the slow cooker do most of the cooking for you! In just 4 hours, you can enjoy this Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken! Serve it over pasta, rice, or mixed veggies, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
3/4 c tomato pasta sauce
14 ounces can of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried basil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp corn starch
1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 c evaporated milk or heavy cream
1. In a 3 or 6-quart slow cooker, add the pasta sauce and tomatoes. Spread them to cover the bottom part of the slow cooker.
2. In a mixing bowl, add cornstarch and cream. Whisk until well blended.
3. Pour the cream mixture into the slow cooker, then stir until well incorporated.
4. Season with basil, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
5. Lay the chicken breasts over the sauce, then press each to submerge a little.
6. Cover the slow cooker, then cook everything for about 3 to 5 hours on a low setting or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in one of the chicken breasts reads 165 degrees F.
7. Add freshly chopped basil, then stir until well blended.
8. Serve hot over rice, pasta, or veggies. Enjoy!
It is important to check the doneness of the chicken to prevent them from overcooking.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge.
Calories: 210 kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1099mg | Potassium: 977mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 657IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!