Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 7hrs | Total: 7 hrs 10 mins | Servings: 8
What do you think about a pot roast on a cold evening? Right, it’s perfect. If you’re like me, then you’ll love this Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Pot Roast, and it will warm you from the inside out. The apple juice contributes to making it more delicious, and it adds a hint of sweetness and another layer of flavor. When I was young, I enjoy this recipe, and I enjoy it with my family, and my kids love it the most.
This quick to roast pot cooks with carrots, onions, and an amazingly delicious Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Pot Roast. The finished meat is becoming tender to fall apart. For the ultimate comfort food dinner, serve over mashed potatoes, or add the potatoes to the slow cooker if you prefer. Try this recipe for Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Pot Roast, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
(3 – 3 1/2) lbs of boneless beef chuck roast
2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
1 lb baby carrots
(1) medium white or yellow onion, (chop it in large chunks)
2 cups beef stock
1 cup apple juice
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp dried parsley
2 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Add oil to a skillet, heat to high heat. Once the oil is hot, put your pot roast in the skillet and brown for 3-4 minutes per side on both sides.
2. Put your browned beef in the bottom of your 6 or 7 qt slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, potatoes (optional), beef stock, apple juice, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper, stir. Then cover, cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
3. Use two forks to shred finished pot roast and add back to the slow cooker. Check the taste. Add extra salt or pepper if desired. Serve over Light & Creamy Mashed Potatoes and top with fresh chopped parsley or thyme.
1. You can use large carrots in this recipe if preferred. Cut it into 3-inch sticks.
Per serving: calories: 391kcal, fat: 23g, saturated fat: 9g, cholesterol: 117mg, sodium: 1048mg, potassium: 903mg, fiber: 2g, sugar: 7g, vitamin a: 7881iu, vitamin c: 4mg, calcium: 67mg, iron: 4mg; carbohydrates: 12g, protein: 35g.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!